The 21st Colours of Sepsis
January 29th - February 1st 2019
- Clarion Congress Hotel Ostrava (map)
- Severe sepsis
- 6th Postgraduate Course for Nurses in Intensive Care (29.- 30. January 2019)
- 16th Symposium News in Pediatric Intensive Care (29.- 30. January 2019)
- 1st Day of Young Intensivists (28. January 2019)
- Z. Molnar (Szeged, Hungary)
- J.L. Teboul (Paris, France)
- D. Annane (Paris, France)
- J. Brandt (Ballerup, Denmark)
- Ch. Eckmann (Hannover, Germany)
- J.B. Borges (Uppsala, Sweden)
- P. Kanizsai (Budapest, Hungary)
- Anne Kokko (Oulu, FInland)
- Marko Reinhardt (Dresden, Germany)
- Jelena Slijepčević (Zagreb, Croatia)
- Dimitris Jataganzidis (Dresden, Germany)
- Stephen Playfor (Manchester, Great Britain)
- Gayathri Subramanian (Manchester, Great Britain)
Coordinator and supervisor of scientic programme
- Klinika anesteziologie, resuscitace a intenzivní medicíny FN Ostrava
- Klinika dětského lékařství FN Ostrava
Top-level lecture, presents "State of The Art" of the topic. Should not be limited to lecturer’s own study results or opinions. The lecture takes 15 minutes, followed by 5 minutes of discussion, which is moderated from the chair.
Meet the experts
Discussion of two experts, changing their opinions with each other and members of the audience as well. It can be supported by short (5-10 minutes) presentation. This type of activity lays stress on discussion and takes 45 minutes. No moderator is present.
Both opponents present 10 minutes presentation to support their opinions on the topic. Following general discussion is moderated by the moderator. "Pro-Con Discussion" takes 45 min.
The lecturer is presenting theoretical, but mainly practical aspects of the topic. Presentation is expected to evocate discussion. Case report presentation is advised to be illustrative. "Teaching lecture" takes 45 minutes. No moderator is present.
Basics for Intensive Care Medicine
Monothematic bloc of 5 – 7 lectures. The lecturers are deeply involved in pathophysiology and it’s clinical applications. The lecturers moderate discussion. One lecture takes 45 minutes.
Each participant of the panel is asked by moderator to present (2-3 minutes) his/her opinion on the topic, followed by general discussion including members of the audience. Graphic presentation (projection) is not allowed. "Panel Discussion" takes 45 minutes. If previous Postgraduate Lecture is the topic of Panel Discussion, it takes 30 minutes.
Posters are mainly focused on practical results, treatment and care options or interested case reports on the field of severe sepsis. First author presents their results and opinions by-the-poster at scheduled time to the commission and the auditor. Posters should be displayed during whole Course time.
On-line registration will start in October 15th 2016. Accommodation booking is upon the responsibility of each participant! The Organisers advice to book accommodation as soon as possible to avoid overbooking or other problems.The information about city and accommodation at Ostrava City Guide.